September 29, 2019
September 29, 2019 | Teacher: Ken Wilson
Athens: Now and Then and Then Again
• Athens -
• Acropolis -
• Areopagus -
Paul’s Ministry in Athens
Witnesses who understand the culture around them,
even when they are infuriated by it,
graciously engage people where they are
for the sake of the gospel.
Paul’s Message in Athens
Starting on common ground,
witnesses declare that a sovereign creator
desires to have a relationship with all people,
made possible through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Paul’s Impact in Athens
Courageous and consistent witnesses
will be rejected by some and heard by others.
Lessons for Witnesses:
Witnesses clearly and courageously
engage the culture
with the claims of the gospel.
I will pay more attention to the culture around me and pray for opportunities to share the gospel in relevant ways.
I will be more courageous in relevant ways.
This Week’s Growth Guide
God’s Word is both central and critical to your spiritual growth. We invite you to utilize the Growth Guide during the week to further your application of the Truth from the message.
Monday - Romans 3:9-20
Tuesday - Romans 3:21-31
Wednesday - Romans 5:1-11
Thursday - Romans 5:12-21
Friday - Acts 18:1-17
Our Home Churches meet weekly to facilitate quicker relational depth, study the same passage taught Sunday to help apply Scripture in the context of community, and pray with one another. Home Church helps our body seek God’s best for one another.
Home Church Questions
• Read Acts 17:16-34.
• What was the main point of the message this week?
• Was there anything new, interesting, insightful, or even unclear from the message?
• What was your main takeaway from this week’s message?
• How would you describe the state of our world today?
• How would you describe the state of our country today?
• Where can we find common ground with the people who infuriate us most?
• How do you like to be treated by people who come from other worldviews?
• What are the essential elements of a clear gospel presentation?
• How can we engage culture without compromise?
• How can we be curious about people without judging or affirming?
Girlfriends Retreat - October 11-13 Ferncliff Conference Center
Today and Monday are the last days to register! Don’t miss this opportunity to get away to a
beautiful, natural setting and worship God with other women who love Him. New at Fellowship? This is your chance to spend a weekend hearing from women in our church, sharing in a discussion group, and enjoying free time. Final payment due by September 30. Register at www.fellowshipconway.org/register or at the Connection Center.
Need help in an area of your spiritual life? We have you covered. Join us in the Atrium after service, or check out all the classes at https://www.fellowshipconway.org/equipping. Check out what is about to launch:
• Art of Marriage - Every marriage is unique, expressed by the colorful personalities of each spouse and textured by the circumstances at play in their lives. Blending these to make marriage work is a divinely inspired art form – challenging to master, but definitely worth the effort. In The Art of Marriage, we weave together expert teaching, engaging stories, and much more to portray the hope and beauty of God’s design for marriage. Sundays, beginning TODAY during the 9:00 service.
• Discover You - Have you ever felt you have more to offer…at work, at home, at church, in life? This small group experience will help you discover, optimize and unleash the resources God has placed inside you. Your “SHAPE” is the unique combination of your personality, strengths, skills, gifts and passion. This 7-week guided discovery journey is supported by video content and proven assessments that inform personal reflection and group discussion, with input from a trained Coach. Sundays, beginning October 6, during the 10:45 service.
• Apologtics and Worldview - Are you prepared to defend your beliefs when challenged? Understanding the Christian worldview and applying it to challenges, helps us navigate our world by discovering truth in a post-truth culture. In this course you will be trained to think clearly when you are on the battlefield of ideas. Sundays, beginning October 13, during the 10:45 service.
• Bible Study Methods - The goal of Bible study as a whole is to make application of the Scripture to our lives while the goal of interpretation, within Bible study, is to discover the meaning of the text. Only after we know the meaning of a text can we understand the significance that a specific text has for us. In this 6-week course you will learn that the Bible has one interpretation or meaning, with many applications. Sundays, beginning October 13 during the 10:45 a.m. service.
Home Church - Get connected, join a small group! Fellowship continues to connect people in relationship through our small group ministry called Home Church. Contact Michael Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected.
GOSPEL SING NIGHT WITH MARVIN | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 7:00 P.M. | Fellowship
Offering received will benefit the Pine Street BackPack Program and Renewal Ranch.
Total Pledge 1,579,152
Click Here if you would like to give a gift.
To make a gift or a commitment to Generations, you can click Here.
Weekly Budget 25,650
Giving For 9/15 21,038
Giving For 9/22 39,720
YTD Budget 333,451
YTD Giving 310,699
Over (under) (22,752)
Total Pledge 1,579,557