The Plagues, the Passover, and the Crossing of the Red Sea
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we returned to our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned about God leading the Israelites out of Egypt. God used miraculous plagues to show Pharaoh and the Egyptian people that He alone is God and graciously spared the Israelites from the final plague when they trusted in Him and put the blood of a lamb around their doors. God spared Israel by the blood of a lamb, but Jesus is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.
Help your kids understand that God’s salvation of His people is always by grace through faith and remind them of their need for Jesus to forgive them of their sin.
KEY PASSAGE: Hebrews 3:5-6
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- What is God’s plan? God’s plan is to rescue His people.
BIBLE STORY: THE PLAGUES, THE PASSOVER, AND THE CROSSING OF THE RED SEA
- Pharaoh would not let God’s people go.
- God showed Egypt that only He is God by sending 10 plagues.
- God kept His people safe at Passover.
- God parted the Red Sea so the Israelites could walk across.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Which of the 10 plagues sounds the worst to you?
- What might you think about as you walked through the Red Sea on dry ground?
- Talk about a time your family had to trust God to take care of you.
- Take it further: Choose a family in your community to invite to dinner. Pray for God to use your family to share the gospel.