The Tabernacle Was Built
Exodus 35:4- 40:38
“I am Yahweh… you must be holy because I am holy.” Leviticus 11:45
This week, we continued our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids and learned
about Israel following God’s very specific instructions on how to build a tabernacle. The people gave
joyfully and generously and God equipped them to construct the place where He would dwell with them.
We no longer need a tabernacle today because Jesus came to “tabernacle,” or dwell, with God’s people.
Help your kids worship God and thank Him for His gift of Jesus and that through Him people can dwell
with God forever.
KEY PASSAGE: Leviticus 11:45
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
BIBLE STORY: THE TABERNACLE WAS BUILT
- God wanted the Israelites to make a tabernacle for Him to be with His people.
- God gave Moses instructions for building the tabernacle.
- The people gave offerings and built the tabernacle just as God told them to build it.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Share about a time you followed instructions.
- What are some skills God has given the members of our family?
- How do you see that God is with you today?
- Invite kids to draw a picture of your house. Talk about what it means to dwell in your home.
- Take it further: Read John 1:14. Talk about God’s plan to send Jesus to dwell with us on earth and rescue us from sin.
“God Gave Rules for Sacrifice” (Leviticus 1-27)