God Reminded His People of His Covenant
Deuteronomy 5:1–6:25; 8:1–11:1,26-28
“I am Yahweh… you must be holy because I am holy.” Leviticus 11:45
This week, our journey through the Bible using The Gospel Project® for Kids focused on Moses’
farewell reminder to the people of Israel about God’s covenant and His faithfulness to them. Moses
called on the people to be holy and obey only God. If they did this, they would be blessed. If they did
not, they would not be blessed.
Help your kids understand that proper obedience is born out of gratitude to God for what He has
done, not as a way to earn God’s favor.
KEY PASSAGE: Leviticus 11:45
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Who can keep God’s law? No one can keep God’s law except Jesus.
BIBLE STORY: GOD REMINDED HIS PEOPLE OF HIS COVENANT
- Moses reminded God’s people about the Ten Commandments.
- Moses told the people to talk about God’s laws and teach them to their children.
- Moses said if the people obeyed God, they would be blessed in the land.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What bad things happen when we break God’s rules?
- What good things happen when we keep God’s rules?
- How can our family remind each other about God’s rules?
- Read Deuteronomy 6:4-9 to your family. Talk about ways to remind each other of this verse throughout the week.
- Take it further: If weather permits, take a walk as a family. As you walk, remember today’s Bible story.
NEXT WEEK “Joshua and Caleb” (Numbers 13:1-14:38)