Wise Men Visited Jesus
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we concluded our Christmas unit in The Gospel Project® for Kids and studied how wise men traveled from far away to worship Jesus as King. King Herod, on the other hand, was nearby but He wanted to destroy Jesus instead because he felt threatened. Jesus is the true King, promised in 2 Samuel 7, who is worthy of our worship.
Help your kids find meaningful and sincere ways to worship Jesus this week as they continue to celebrate the birth of Jesus even after Christmas day has passed.
KEY PASSAGE: Galatians 4:4-5
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Why was Jesus born? Jesus was born to rescue us.
BIBLE STORY: WISE MEN VISITED JESUS
- Wise men followed a star in the sky that was a sign that Jesus had been born.
- King Herod was angry there was a new king and wanted to hurt Baby Jesus.
- The wise men gave Jesus gifts and worshiped Him.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- What are some ways we can worship Jesus as a family?
- What are ways our family can focus on the true meaning of Christmas?
- Invite your family members to talk about a favorite gift they received for Christmas. Explain that God sent His Son, Jesus, to rescue us from sin. Jesus is the best Christmas gift.
- Take it further: Help your kids gather old toys in good condition and donate them to a children’s home.