Jesus Was Born
Moses was faithful as a servant… But Christ was faithful as a Son. Hebrews 3:5-6
This week, we continued our Christmas unit in The Gospel Project® for Kids and celebrated the birth of Jesus. It was fitting that Jesus was born in a manger and that the first people to hear about His arrival were the shepherds in the fields. Shepherds were outcasts from society and by God announcing the birth of Jesus to them first, God was declaring that the Savior was for all types of people everywhere.
Help your children develop a heart for all people this Christmas season no matter what language the speak, what they look like, or where they live.
KEY PASSAGE: Galatians 4:4-5
BIG PICTURE QUESTION:
- Why was Jesus born? Jesus was born to rescue us.
BIBLE STORY: JESUS WAS BORN
- Jesus was born in Bethlehem.
- Angels appeared to shepherds and told them the promised Messiah was born.
- The shepherds found Baby Jesus and told others about Him.
FAMILY DISCUSSION STARTERS:
- Who are some people we can tell the good news about Jesus?
- What are some things that can distract us from the true meaning of Christmas?
- Talk about the day your kids were born or when an adoption was finalized. Who were the first people who came to visit? Talk about the joy of that day.
- Take it further: Purchase or donate gently used baby blankets, clothes, or toys to a pregnancy crisis center or women and childern’s shelter. Include a Christmas card with the message: Jesus was born!