Submission and Respect (1 Peter 3:1-7)
• Marriage: _________________________________
• Song of Solomon: __________________________
• Wives: ____________________________________
• Husbands: ________________________________
Words for Wives – Submit to God’s will for your husband.
• The Command: Submission (3:1a)
• The Context: Disobedient Husbands (3:1b)
• The Outcome: Won Over to God’s Will (3:1c)
• The Manner: Quiet and Gentle Spirit (3:1d-2)
• The Misunderstanding: Outward Beauty vs. Inward Beauty (3:3-4)
• The Example: Sarah in Genesis 18 (3:5-6a)
• The Hitch: Fear (3:6b)
Help for Husbands – Respect your wives as a gift from God.
• The Command: Be Considerate (3:7a)
• The Context: You Live with Them (3:7b)
• The Manner: Treat Them with Respect (3:7c)
• The Need: Fragile Equal Partners (3:7d)
• The Outcome: Answered Prayer (3:7e)
Marriages with submissive wives and respectful husbands make the gospel look good.
- Monday: Genesis 18:1-15
- Tuesday: Ephesians 5:22-24
- Wednesday: Ephesians 5:25-30
- Thursday: Ephesians 5:31-33
- Friday: Colossians 3:18-19
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will submit to the Lord’s will for my husband’s life.
- I will beautifully draw out the best in my husband.
- I will respect my wife as an equal heir.
- I will make provision for her to flourish.
Coming Soon… Song of Songs Sermon Series-Beginning January 24 we will be launching into the study of the Song of Solomon. This often neglected Old Testament book of wisdom has much to teach us about love, sex, marriage and worship. We will kick off this new series with three messages in January that will focus on God’s view of a healthy marriage. Please join us – you’ll be glad you did.
Fellowship Kids has Space at 10:45 AM-Fellowship Kids offers the same worship experience for children birth – 4th grade in both of our Sunday morning worship services. 9:00 a.m. averages 125 children each Sunday morning & 10:45 a.m. averages 42 children. If you normally attend the 9:00 a.m. service would you consider coming to the 10:45 AM service?
Thank You for Your Generosity-Thank you for your generosity in the Christmas Offering and the year-end giving! Your 2015 contribution statements will be mailed to you before Janu
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University // Mondays, 6:30 p.m. starting January 11, 2016 // Would you like to get your finances in order for 2016? // Attend the first class FREE January 11 // Visit FellowshipConway.org/FPU to sign up or for more info.
Fellowship Men’s Breakfast // Saturday, Jan. 16, 8:00 a.m. // Join the men of Fellowship as we eat, fellowship, and get equipped.
Guest Reception // Join us for lunch at our Guest Reception after 2nd service on Sunday, January 17 // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship.
Fellowship 101 // New to Fellowship? // Join us Sunday, January 24 (session 1) and January 31 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor) // You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Girlfriends Spring Bible Study Tuesday, Jan 12 – March 22, morning and evening classes, cost $20 // Cookies on the Lower Shelf: Putting Bible Reading Within Reach Part 2 (1 Samuel – Malachi) Come with us as we study Israel from the times of Kings, the division of Israel, captivity by Assyria and Babylon and the return of the people from captivity to the land God had given them. Stand with Israel as they reunite with God and His ordinances, practices and law // Sign up at the Connection Center!
Perspectives on the World Christian Movement // Monday nights 6-9 p.m. starting January 25 // Learn and experience God’s heart for all peoples and encounter the momentum of the World Christian Movement // Register today at www.Perspectives.org.
Downline Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Summit // February 5-6 in Memphis // More information and sign up at
Nicaragua Spring Mission Trip // We are gathering a team for the Spring Trip, March 11-19, 2016 // If you are interested contact Ken Wilson at Kwilson@fellowshipconway.org or Tommy Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 1 – December 27, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 12/20/15 21,673
Giving for 12/27/15 13,526
Year to Date Needed 559,618
Year to Date Giving 559,617
Over (Under) Budget (1)