Motivations for Endurance – Part 1
The Second Coming of Christ James 5:7-9
Patience with God Because His coming is Near (5:7-8)
• Exhortation: Be patient until the Lord comes back (5:7a).
• Example: Patient waiting is built into the fabric of the world (5:7b).
• Explanation: Patient endurance will not last forever (5:8).
• Expectation: Rewards will be received and relationship will be perfect.
1. The Crown of Life: ______________________________
2. The Crown of Victory:____________________________
3. The Crown of Joy: _______________________________
4. The Crown of Righteousness: _____________________
5. The Crown of Service: ___________________________
Patience with Others Because His judgment is Near (5:9)
• Command: Stop your whining (5:9a).
• Consequence: Your judgment is in the balance (5:9b).
• Consolation: God will make all things right when He comes back (5:9c).
In the midst of trials, patiently endure because the Lord will reward set things right
when He returns, which can happen at any time.
- Monday: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 15:51-58
- Wednesday: John 14:1-3
- Thursday: Titus 2:11-15
- Friday: James 5:10-12
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will remind myself to be patient, especially when times get tough.
- I will have at least one significant conversation about heaven this week.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Home church-All About Relationships Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry, will launch the week of Aug. 21st and run through December 11. We invite you to check out the bios of our available Home Churches in the bulletin. Select the place you feel has the best potential for you to connect relationally, then sign up for a group at the Connection Center or email Shane at email@example.com.
Fellowship college and Young Adults A new ministry for anyone 18-25 is launching at Fellowship in August. The desire of this new ministry is to provide a space for people in this life stage to connect with one another and God. If you would like more information, email our College & Young Adults Pastor, Zach Benton, firstname.lastname@example.org and watch the bulletin for updates.
Fellowship Student Ministries
FSM Midweek Kickoff – Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek on Wednesday, August 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Venue. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, then each student is connected to an age/grade small group. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood at email@example.com.
Unite – Each year, Conway student ministries unite for a night of worship to kick off the new school year. This year, UNITE will be at First Baptist Church Wednesday, August 17, 6-8 p.m. Be a part of the city-wide kickoff event as we seek what God wants to do on our school campuses.
Nicaragua Mission Trip Join the legacy this Fall as we take a team of 10-12 to equip pastors and share Christ in surrounding communities of Puerto Cabezas. Call or text Tommy Walker, team leader, at 501-472-7525. Dates of the trip are October 8-15.
• Fellowship Kids Fall Kick Off – August 14
• Home Church Launch – August 21
• FSM Midweek Kick Off – August 24
• Men’s 33 Study Vol. 5 – Sept 13 – October 18
• Girlfriends Fall Bible Study – Sept 13 – Nov. 15
• Father/Son Camp Out – Sept 23/24
• OCC Special FBC Packing Party – Sept 26
• Nicaragua Fall Mission Trip – October 8-15
• Women of Faith Video Conference – October 21, 22
• OCC Collection Week – November 14-21
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for week ending 07/24/16 27,693
Giving for week ending 07/31/16 19,965
Year to Date Needed 115,165
Year to Date Giving 99,132
Over (Under) Budget (16,033)