The Truth about Consequences
Capital and Serious Crimes
For Teaching Slides, click here
Introduction: Divine Order in a Corrupt World
• Our Hope: A Replaced Priesthood and a Replaced Kingdom
Belief: God’s people reject pagan beliefs and live holy lives (Leviticus 20:1-8)
God’s people must avoid false religion (20:1-6)
God’s people must live holy lives (20:7-8)
Behavior: God’s people reject pagan practices and live holy lives (Leviticus 20:9-27)
• Serious violations are punishable by death (20:9-16)
– Cursing parents (20:9)
– Adultery (20:10)
– Incest (20:11-12)
– Homosexuality (20:13)
– Multiple Sexual Partners (20:14)
– Bestiality (20:15-16)
• Some violations are punishable by banishment (20:17-19)
• Some violations are punishable by childlessness (20:20-21)
Choices: God’s people must live holy lives and not be led astray (Leviticus 20:22-27)
• God’s people must live holy lives (20:22-26)
• God’s people must not be led astray (20:27)
God’s people must avoid the world’s values,
reject the world’s behaviors,
and live holy lives that honor the LORD.
- Monday: Romans 13:1-7
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
- Wednesday: Galatians 5:13-26
- Thursday: Ephesians 4:17-32
- Friday: Leviticus 21-22
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will renew my mind and pour in God’s truth regularly.
- I will make choices to honor God with my life and my lifestyle choices.
- I will prioritize love without compromising holiness.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
GO Store’s Summer Garage Sale Fundraiser The Go Store‘s annual garage sale fundraiser is Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1, 7:00am here at Fellowship Bible Church. Donations of any items, extra hangars, or your time to receive donated items during the week of June 26 – June 29 is appreciated, as well as helping with the sale Friday, June 30 and Saturday, July 1. Please contact Erica Cason at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!
Father’s Day Slide Show Father’s Day is quickly approaching and we want to honor our dads through a special slideshow which will be shown during our Sunday AM worship services on June 18. Email Lisa at email@example.com (only one photo per family) or drop off your photo at the church office. Deadline for submissions is Monday, June 12. Please use a high-resolution image for best results if emailing.
Get Plugged in with Men’s Ministry this Summer
Men, mark your calendars for two opportunities to connect and grow with other Fellowship men this summer. Contact Andy Chouinard for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• “Stepping Up” Small Group Study This 10 week study starts Tuesday, July 11 at 6:30pm and will help teach and challenge men to embrace God’s calling for biblical manhood.
• Men’s Breakfast Join other men on Saturday morning, July 8, 8am as we sharpen and encourage each other over a great breakfast. This is a great chance to come and learn more about Fellowship’s Men’s Ministry, vision, and how you can get plugged in.
Stay Connected with Fellowship this Summer Fellowship sends out a weekly email with information and details on all that God is doing through our church, ministries, and opportunities that you don’t want to miss out on. To receive the weekly email or to update your contact information, fill out a Connection Card or send an email to email@example.com.
Catch up on the Latest Sermon Resources Did you know that you can access full podcasts of any of our previous sermons? This is a great way to catch up this summer on previous teachings or stay up to date with the latest truth from God’s word during the business of vacation and summer travel. Find podcasts and other content by clicking here or on the Fellowship App.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 05/21/17 $22,304
Giving for Week Ending 05/28/17 $18,456
Year to Date Needed $1,105,587
Year to Date Giving $1,159,212
Over (Under) Budget $53,625