A Vision Bigger than Ourselves – “Be-Multiply-Go”
Introduction: Identity and Vision
The Holy Spirit and Being (Ephesians 5:15-6:9)
The filling of the Spirit is essential for transformed families and communities.
The Holy Spirit and Multiplication (Matthew 28:16-20)
The presence of the Spirit is essential for making disciples.
The Holy Spirit and Going (Acts 1:8)
The empowerment of the Spirit is essential for worldwide witness.
A vision bigger than ourselves requires supernatural resources.
- Monday: 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10
- Tuesday: Acts 2:42-47
- Wednesday: Acts 4:32-37
- Thursday: Colossians 1:1-14
- Friday: Ephesians 4:25-32
Next Steps from Today’s message
- I will actively live out my faith in community by committing to a Home Church.
- I will actively engage in a discipling relationship beginning this fall.
- I will actively do my part to take the Gospel to the world.
Home Church Questions
- What have been your positive experiences in church small groups over the years?
- What have been your negative experiences in church small groups over the years?
- What are the best and worst features of Fellowship’s weekly, sermon-based model of small groups?
- How can we make our Home Church the best it can be?
- Have you ever been discipled? Have you ever discipled anyone else? What was that like?
- What do you need to enter into a discipling relationship? What holds you back? Is it legitimate?
- How involved in missions was the church you attended before Fellowship? How involved were you? How involved are you now?
- What is your greatest reservation about getting involved at any level with having “mission fingerprints”?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions // Join us for lunch at our next Guest Reception September 27.
Relationships // Fellowship invites you into relationships with God and others through our small group ministry called Home Church // Start planning now to join one of our Wednesday or Sunday Home Churches that launch the week of September 13th.
College Home Church Kick off // College students and young professionals, we will be kicking off “FBC College and Transitions” TONIGHT, 6:00 p.m. at 2209 Broadview Ave // Got questions? Come see us at the Connection Center after 1st and 2nd service, or call 757-374-4732.
IFO Conversation Club // Tuesday, September 15th, 6:00 p.m. at the Second Baptist Student Center // Fellowship Conway families are responsible for providing a meal for this week // If you are able to bring a main, side or dessert contact Miseon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text at 501-205-9207.
Bondfires and Tea Parties // Join us for our Father/Son Bondfire on Friday, September 25th, for boys in kindergarten through 4th grade and our Mother/Daughter Tea Party on Saturday, September 26th, for girls age 4 through 4th grade // Sign up at the Connection Center.
There’s so much going on with OCC // Check out our new blog: http://www.fellowshipconway.org/you-dont-have-to-hear-joy-to-experience-it/ // Keep saving your spare change for postage and save September 21 for a special night for OCC // Child care provided for children 5 years and under RSVP to Shanna at email@example.com by September 17.
Girlfriends Bible Study // Cookies on the Lower Shelf Part 1 // September 15 – November 17, 9-11:00 a.m. or 6:30-8:30 p.m. // This study provides a step-by-step guide beginning with God’s beautiful creation in Genesis to the chilling defeats during the time of the Judges // Sign up at the Connection Center or www.fellowshipconway.org/girlfriends-study // Child care $1 per child/session, registration required.
Men’s 33 Study // Tuesdays at 8:00 p.m. and Wednesdays at 5:30 a.m. starting October 6 & 7 for 6 weeks.
July 1 – September 6, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 08/30/15 20,213
Giving for 09/06/15 22,208
Year to Date Needed 214,406
Year to Date Giving 222,921
Over (Under) Budget 8,515