Two Dimes, a Quarter, and a Nickel
Belshazzar Steps Over a Line (5:1-9).
• God is patient but He has limits (5:1-4).
• If God shows up when He’s not invited the party is over (5:5-6).
• Without the guidance of God we are lost (5:7-9).
Sometimes God dramatically intervenes to get the attention of the proud.
Thriving in Babylon: Seek the Lord while He may be found.
Daniel Steps Up to the Plate (5:10-17).
• A history of spirituality is a valuable asset in turbulent times (5:10-16).
• God’s good gifts are better than anything the world can offer (5:17).
A lifetime of faithful service to God is often recognized and rewarded.
Thriving in Babylon: Commit to a long obedience in the same direction.
Darius Steps into the Palace (5:18-30).
• God controls kings and kingdoms for His purposes (5:18-21).
• God holds our life in His hands and will not tolerate dishonoring Him (5:22-23).
• God will weigh our lives and judge us accordingly (5:24-28).
• God’s will cannot be thwarted by pride or power (5:29-31).
The God who is in control of kings and kingdoms is in control of every breath we take.
Thriving in Babylon: Redeem the time because the days are evil.
Pride comes before the fall
so humble yourself before
God does it for you.
- Monday: Psalm 2
- Tuesday: Psalm 90
- Wednesday: Habakkuk 1-2
- Thursday: Habakkuk 3
- Friday: Daniel 6
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will examine my life and humbly admit where I am proud.
- I will renew my commitment to Christ for the long haul.
- I will submit to God’s sovereign plan while I still can.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 5.
- Read Ephesians 5:17 and Psalm 90.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Do you know anyone personally who has “stepped over the line” with God?
- Are there any other biblical examples of people, or groups of people, who cross the line of no return?
- Tell some stories of people who have served God faithfully for a long, long time. Are there any common themes?
- The blessings of the world will fade away and the blessings of God will last forever. Why is this so hard to embrace?
- What should we do now to number our days so that when we are weighed in the balances by God, we will be blessed?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Dave Ramsey’s-The Legacy Journey This is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. Classes begin November 7th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. register at http://wp.me/p32b38-1yT.
FBC Fall Work Day October 29, 8-1:00 p.m. Serve alongside your “Fellowship Family” to get our campus ready for the Fall/Winter season. We will provide lunch at 1 p.m. and there will be a place to serve for everyone. For more information, or if you have a special set of talents you want to use, contact Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, October 30 (session 1) and November 6 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn more about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading Fellowship. Register at fbibleccar.infellowship.com/Forms/337953.
Girlfriends Ministry Last week to sign up for the Women of Faith Video Conference, October 21/22. Sign up at the Connection Center today!
OCC Night of Worship Operation Christmas Child is one of the biggest endeavors we undertake as a church family. Please join us Wednesday, October 26, 6:30 p.m. for an evening of worship and prayer for OCC. Child care for 6 years and under by RSVP to email@example.com by Monday, October 24.
Save Time Registering for Events or Sign Up to Serve With InFellowship, FBC’s new community portal, you can now conveniently register and pay for classes or events for you or your family…at anytime! You can also explore current opportunities for you to get engaged in serving here at Fellowship. Register for an InFellowship account on our website at
http://wp.me/P32b38-1Ui or the FBC app by clicking “Get Connected.” Contact Eric Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 10/02/16 27,383
Giving for Week Ending 10/09/16 33,566
Year to Date Needed 345,496
Year to Date Giving 351,243
Over (Under) Budget 5,747