The Vision of the Evenings and the Morning
Typology Once Again:
• Typology is indirect prophecy where God intended a person or pattern to reveal a prophecy of the future, while still retaining a real meaning for the original audience.
• In typology, the greater and final fulfillment is in the future.
Daniel’s Appalling Dream (8:1-14).
• God knows and guides the political powers in the world (8:1-4).
• Political conflict and turmoil will continue up to the end of human history (8:5-8).
• Evil will often prevail for a time, and God’s people will suffer (8:9-12).
• God sets a limit to the suffering of His people (8:13-14).
In the ongoing violent changes of man’s kingdoms, God is still in control and sets limits to the advance of evil.
Thriving in Babylon: Don’t be surprised by suffering, and keep your hope in the Sovereign Lord.
Gabriel’s Interesting Interpretation (8:15-27).
• Only God knows the future and we can look to Him for understanding (8:15-18).
• God clearly and precisely reveals what we need to know to trust Him (8:19-22).
• The future will be full of suffering, until God brings final judgment (8:23-26).
• Spiritual growth is exhausting and ongoing (8:27).
God reveals with measured detail what we need to know,including the reality of suffering and guarantee of victory over evil.
Thriving in Babylon: Be diligent to know God’s Word and keep your hope in His victory.
Study and understand the Word of God,
keeping your focus on God’s purpose and plan,
knowing that in the midst of suffering
we have the guarantee of final victory.
- Monday: Revelation 14
- Tuesday: Psalm 110
- Wednesday: Zechariah 7
- Thursday: Zechariah 8
- Friday: Daniel 9:1-27
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will prayerfully vote this year, but will not place my hope in human government.
- I will prepare myself for the turbulent future with confidence and faith.
- I will hold onto what I DO understand and leave the rest to God.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 7.
- Read Psalm 110.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- As a group, briefly outline your understanding of eschatological events.
- Put yourself in Daniel’s shoes. Some of what we know about the future includes a rise of evil and persecution of Christians, and some of it is the ultimate victory of righteousness through Christ. How does this fit together? In what way is this encouraging, and in what way is it exhausting?
- Why does God allow evil? (There is no simple answer. See if Daniel 8 can help you.)
- Talk about Daniel’s response to all of this stuff (vv. 17-18, 27).
- Read John 16:1-4. Talk about it.
- Pray for the election.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Dave Ramsey’s-The Legacy Journey This is a seven-week, biblically based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come. This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity. Classes begin Monday, November 7th, 6:30-8:00 p.m. Register at http://wp.me/p32b38-1yT.
EQUIP-Fellowship Kids Parenting Class Ever wish you could be better prepared to lead your family spiritually? Feel lost in a sea of endless resources and are not sure where to begin? Then don’t miss out on this opportunity to get practical and Biblical guidance for leaving a legacy within your family. Join us Saturday, November 12, 9:00-11:30 a.m. in the Fellowship Kids worship room. Sign up at http://tinyurl.com/jbpjm5m. Childcare provided.
Nicaragua Medical/Evangelism Team Info Meetings We would like to grow our partnership with Nicaragua in the medical and evangelism areas. We are having two meetings (lunch included) for the two types of teams. Join us and find out how you can get involved.
• Medical Team informational meeting – SUNDAY, 12:20 p.m. (childcare provided)
• Evangelism Team informational meeting – Dec 4th 12:20 p.m. (childcare provided)
Middle School Retreat Today is the last day to sign-up your 5th-8th grader for the Middle School Retreat, November 11-13 at Camp Solgohachia. Over the weekend retreat, your student will learn what healthy relationships are and how they grow. You can register at http://tinyurl.com/h94t6h9 or see Alan Greenwood after service. Cost is $85.
Connection Card The offering basket will be passed before the message this morning. If you didn’t have time to write your prayer request/praise, not a problem. Use the Fellowship App to conveniently submit it electronically, or drop your Connection Card in the Tithe Box located at the center doors in the back as you exit. Either way, we will be sure to pray for you!
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 10/23/16 25,761
Giving for Week Ending 10/30/16 16,455
Year to Date Needed 414,595
Year to Date Giving 418,211
Over (Under) Budget 3,616