Apologetics – Jesus (Gospels)
Old Testament Prediction and Expectation of Messiah (Isaiah 52:13-53:12)
Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of Old Testament predictions of Messiah.
The Virgin Birth of Jesus (Matthew 1:18-25)
Jesus Christ was born of a virgin thus avoiding inherited sin.
The Claims of Jesus (7 “I am” Statements in John)
Jesus claimed to be the path to reconciliation with God.
• “I am the bread of life.” (John 6:48)
• “I am the light of the world.” (John 8:12)
• “I am the gate.” (John 10:7, 9)
• “I am the good shepherd.” (John 10:11)
• “I am the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25)
• “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6)
• “I am the true vine.” (John 15:1, 5)
The Death and Burial of Jesus (Luke 23:44-56)
Jesus died as an innocent man in the place of others.
The Resurrection of Jesus (Luke 24:1-12)
Jesus rose from the dead and thus validated His claims.
Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of Old Testament prediction,
born of a virgin, on a mission as God incarnate
to die for our sins and validate His claims by resurrection from the dead.
Monday: Isaiah 52:13-53:12
Tuesday: Matthew 1:18-25
Wednesday: John 1:1-18
Thursday: Luke 23:44-56
Friday: Luke 24:1-12
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Be – I will meditate on the person of Jesus this week.
- Multiply – I will share with a friend or family member one or more of the “I am” statements of Jesus.
- Go – I will pray that the name of Jesus will be shared boldly and clearly in new places around the world.
Home Church Questions
Read John 1:1-18.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What might it have been like to live in Old Testament times and be looking forward to Christ instead of looking back?
- Read Isaiah 52:13-53:12. How clearly does this point to Jesus? What elements are especially clear?
- Discuss the virgin birth. Wow.
- Which of the seven “I am” statements of Christ is most comforting to you (John 6:48; 8:12; 10:7,9; 10:11; 11:25; 14:6; 15:1,5)?
- The death and resurrection of Christ is central to Christianity. How can we make it central in our lives?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
The Legacy Journey Class // Mondays at 6:30 p.m. starting Nov 2 // The Legacy Journey by Dave Ramsey is an all-new, seven-week, biblically-based class that teaches you how to truly live and leave a legacy for generations to come // This class will lead you deeper into investing, basic estate planning, purposeful living, safeguarding your legacy, and discovering the keys to generational wealth and true generosity // For more info and to register go to www.fellowshipconway.org/legacy-journey.
Mom’s Lunch Out // Wednesday, November 4, from 11:30-1:00 // This is a free catered event with a message from Joe White and is open to ALL moms. // Please visit momslunchout.com to RSVP for the event. Feel free to pass along to any and all moms in the area.
Darrell Bock // Truth Matters Seminar // Saturday, November 7, 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. // Do you ever feel you lack confidence to engage others in what you believe? // Join us for an afternoon with Darrell Bock, author of “Truth Matters” and frequenter of Ken’s Power Point slides, as he delves into Apologetics // RSVP for the event and child care at: http://www.fellowshipconway.org/bock/.
Grace Based Parenting // It’s hard to be parents, and it’s even more difficult to be parents in a Christian home // Join us Saturday, November 14, 9-11:00 a.m. as we explore ways to parent with grace // RSVP to Heather Fulmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OCC Update // Don’t forget to visit the GO Store for all your shoebox shopping needs, start saving your postage for your boxes, and think about a family note or picture to add to your box // Located in the Ministry Center (766 Harkrider), The GO Store has tons of discount merchandise // For full listing of days and hours go to Facebook.com/OCCgostore // Contact Erica Cason at email@example.com if you would like to set up a time to have a packing party with your Home Church, sports team, etc.
Do You Commute? // Check out the Fellowship Library on the second floor by the church offices for some awesome resources to listen to on your daily drive.
July 1 – October 25, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 10/18/15 17,638
Giving for 10/25/15 19,471
Year to Date Needed 365,445
Year to Date Giving 368,188
Over (Under) Budget 2,743