The End of the Age (Luke 21:5-38)
Prophetic Fulfillment: Both Near and Far
• Matthew – Focus on the Far Fulfillment
• Mark – Focus on the Big Picture
• Luke – Focus on the Near Fulfillment
Prediction about Destruction: (21:5-6) The temple will be destroyed.
Question about Timing: (21:7) When will judgment come?
Warning about Deception: (20:8-11) Chaos will break out in the end times.
Witness in the Midst of Persecution: (20:12-19) Persecution is inevitable and an opportunity for witness.
The Times of the Gentiles: (20:20-24) Jerusalem will be trampled by Gentiles.
Cosmic Signs of the End: (20:25-28) It will get worse before it gets better.
A Parable to Conclude: (20:29-33) When you see the signs, trust the promises.
Final Warning: (20:34-38) Guard your heart and open your eyes.
The nation of Israel will reject Jesus and their future will be painful and costly, but God is working all things to accomplish His purpose.
- Monday: Daniel 7:1-28
- Tuesday: Daniel 10:1-12:13
- Wednesday: Zechariah 12:1-14
- Thursday: Zechariah 14:1-20
- Friday: Luke 22:1-6
Next Steps from Today’s message
- I will trust in the sovereign control, purposes, and plan of God.
- I will be more watchful for the end times.
- I will live in such a way that I am not ashamed when Christ returns.
Home church questions
- Read the Passage.
- Review the Message.
- What goes through your mind when you watch the daily news and all the turmoil in the world?
- Where do we often look for security that is not certain?
- Where do we find our true security?
- What stirs the most fear in you?
- How does the truth that God is not surprised or alarmed by our circumstances give you confidence?
- Why do you think Jesus doesn’t want us to rehearse how we would respond to persecution?
- What does Jesus tell us about the second coming that would give us confidence in spotting it?
- What does it mean that our redemption will be drawing near?
Father’s Day Slide Show // Send in your best pictures of sons, dads, and grandpas for the Father’s Day Slide Show // 1-2 photos per family // email@example.com by Thursday, June 11.
IFO Conversation Club // Fellowship will be providing the meal for June 9th, 6:00 p.m. at Second Baptist Student Center // Please join us and meet college students from all over the world // If you are able to help with a main or side dish, fruit, or dessert, contact Miseon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 501-205-9207.
Life Choices “Change for Life” Campaign // If you haven’t picked up a baby bottle, there’s still time // Fill it up with change, bills, or checks to support Life Choices and return by June 7 // Life Choices is Conway’s local pregnancy resource center.
Costa Rica Informational Meeting // Sunday, May 31, 10:15 a.m. // The team will be sharing the love of God with the Guarari slum near the city of San Jose // Join us between services on Sunday, May 31, in the church library (upstairs) for more information // Email Loi Booher email@example.com if you are interested but cannot attend the meeting.
Women’s Summer Bible Study // “Sweeter Than Chocolate” // June 9 – July 14, 7-8:30 p.m. // 6 week study teaches the big picture of the Bible using God’s summary in Hebrews 11 // Sign up at the Connection Center.
Men’s 33 Bible Study // Wednesdays, 5:30 a.m. or 8:00 p.m. beginning June 17.
Kids Camp // July 13-17 // This year we will be using the OCC Curriculum, “The Greatest Journey” // For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com // Registration will begin June 1.
Automate The Important // Will you try automating your giving to the ministry of Fellowship for 90 days this summer? // For more information or to sign up Fellowshipconway.org/important.
The Fellowship Mobile App // Use your smartphone to listen to sermons, view digital bulletins, submit prayer requests, and more // Available at Fellowshipconway.org/app.
July 1 – May 24, 2015
Weekly Budget Needs $19,538
Giving for 05/17/15 21,231
Giving for 05/24/15 26,996
Year to Date Needed 918,286
Year to Date Giving 1,018,933
Over (Under) Budget 100,647