The Sanctity of Intimacy
Teaching Slides: Click Here
Introduction: The Abundant Grace of God
Testimony: God’s people demonstrate distinctive sexual behavior (Leviticus 18:1-5)
• Authority: Sexual purity is a matter of submission. (Leviticus 18:1-2)
• Separation: Sexual purity is countercultural. (Leviticus 18:3)
• Obedience: Sexual purity is a matter of obedience. (Leviticus 18:4-5)
Design: God’s people do not violate the created order (Leviticus 18:6-23)
• Relatives: Sexual purity is a not a family matter. (Leviticus 18:6-18)
• Idolatry: Sexual purity is distinct from the cultural idolatry of sex. (Leviticus 18:19-23)
• Clarity: Sexual purity is clear in Scripture. (Leviticus 18:6-23)
– Adultery damages family and society.
– Child sacrifice damages family and society.
– Homosexuality damages family and society.
– Bestiality damages family and society.
Judgment: Sexual impurity brings God’s judgment (Leviticus 18:24-30)
Complete sexual purity
is central to the identity of God’s people,
and the health of individuals, families, and communities.
- Monday: Romans 1:18-27
- Tuesday: Romans 1:28-32
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13
- Thursday: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- Friday: Leviticus 19
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will commit/recommit to myself to full sexual purity.
- I will embrace a countercultural, winsome lifestyle.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Fellowship Kids Camp is a great opportunity for your kids (K – 4th grade) to learn more about the Bible and have a great time doing it! This summer, our kids will be learning to Share God’s Gift. Your kids won’t want to miss out on this fun and exciting experience! Deadline to register is May 29. Register by clicking here. Cost is $25 per child. Contact Heather McKinney or Heather Fulmer for more information.
Baby Bottle & Diaper Drive Thank you, Fellowship, for your incredible support to bless moms in need within our community. Sunday is the last day to drop off your donations to the Connection Center. After Sunday, May 21 please take your donations to Life Choices (609 Locust) and diapers and).
Night of Prayer for Missionaries Join us here at Fellowship Sunday, May 21, 6:30-8:00 p.m. for a focused time of praying for our missionaries, global workers, and for all that God is doing around the world in spreading the Gospel.
Kids Summer Volunteers Needed How can you leave a legacy of faith for the generations to come? Our Kids Ministry has several opportunities available this summer if your God-given SHAPE for service includes a heart for kids. Contact Contact Heather McKinney or Heather Fulmer for more information on either of these opportunities.
• Sunday AM Classroom Leaders: We need your help in our kids classrooms on Sunday mornings, June 4- August 6. You can serve with your spouse, with a friend, or on your own.
• Kids Camp Leaders: We have several needs including classroom leaders, nursery attendants, worship leaders, craft leaders, classroom decorators, and many other behind the scenes roles to help make Kids Camp an incredible experience for our kids to grow in their walk with the Lord.
Ladies Summer book Club Join other women this summer through a discussion of Pete Greig’s ‘God on Mute: Engaging the Silence of Prayer’. Tuesdays, 6:30-8:00 p.m., June 13 – July 25. Childcare available upon request. Register by clicking here. For more information, email Page McKelvy.
Fellowship Kids Summer Celebration Join other Fellowship families on Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. as we celebrate the start of summer with fun games, face painting, popsicles, and even a dunking booth. Contact Heather Fulmer for more information.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 05/07/17 22,665
Giving for Week Ending 05/14/17 21,463
Year to Date Needed 1,059,521
Year to Date Giving 1,118,452
Over (Under) Budget 58,931