Message Outline: The Resurrection of Christ (1 Corinthians 15)
Explanations of the Resurrection
• The ____________ Theory
• The ________________ Tomb Theory
• The ________________ Body Theory
• The ________________ of Many Theory
• The _____________________ Development Theory
Evidence of the Resurrection
• Jesus was crucified by the ________________ in 30 or 33.
• Jesus was buried in the tomb of ____________________.
• Jesus’ tomb was ____________________ on the third day.
• Jesus was seen by many __________________ witnesses.
• Jesus was seen by _______________________ witnesses.
• Jesus’ resurrection transformed ____________ into _________.
Significance of the Resurrection
• The resurrection gives ______________ to our faith. (1 Corinthians 15:14)
• The resurrection gives _____________ to our faith. (1 Corinthians 15:17)
- Monday: 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 15:12-19
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 15:20-34
- Thursday: 1 Corinthians 15:35-49
- Friday: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
Next Steps from today’s message:
- I will place my trust in Jesus as my resurrected Savior.
- I will witness the resurrection of Jesus with my life and my lips.
Home church questions:
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as new, important, challenging, or helpful?
- How does your family celebrate Easter?
- How important is the resurrection to our faith?
- Why is the resurrection an essential verification of the work of Christ?
- If the resurrection is not true, what are the consequences?
- In a modern world, what must we believe to believe in the resurrection of Christ?
- How does the resurrection give “power” to our faith?
- How does the resurrection encourage you?
- What is your favorite aspect of the Easter message?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
2016 Easter Offering // Join us as we help change lives in Conway by helping build the new Renewal Ranch Restoration Center and investing in Noe Christian School in the Czech Republic // We will collect this special offering at the end of our worship service today and online at www.fellowshipconway.org/Give.
Bible Study // ”I’M CURIOUS…” A Biblical Model for Engaging Relationally // April 3, 10, 17 at 10:45 a.m. // A deeper look into the pattern of Jesus’ interactions with individuals to learn how to positively engage with others right where they are.
FSM mission yard sale // April 2, from 7 a.m.-1:00 p.m. // FSM will have a mission yard sale to raise money for both the Mission Arlington & Czech Republic mission trips // Donation of yard sale items are needed and will be accepted from Monday, March 28 – Friday, April 1, during regular office hours and until 8:00 p.m. each night // All money raised at the yard sale will go directly to mission team members // Contact email@example.com for more information.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10 and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // This is your last chance to reserve your place at www.fellowshipconway.org/2016muster.
2016 Tacos4Life MobilePack // April 13-16, 2016, at Fellowship Conway // Join us as we pack 544,320 meals to feed malnourished children in Africa in the name of Christ // Register for a packing sessions at T4LMobilePack.com // You can pick up a 2016 MobilePack t-shirt in the church atrium.
Fellowship 101 // New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, April 17 (session 1), and April 24 (session 2), 9:00 a.m. in the library (located on the second floor) // You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Fellowship on the River // May 1 at 4:30 p.m. // This is not your great grandma’s church picnic! // Tickets go on sale April 3.
Fellowship Finances (July 1 – March 20, 2016):
- Weekly Budget Needs – $21,577
- Giving for 03/13/16 – $18,218
- Giving for 03/20/16 – $19,375
- Year to Date Needed – $818,372
- Year to Date Giving – $835,342
- Over (Under) Budget – $16,970