Song of Solomon
The Highest Application of True Love
(God’s Love for His People)
A Spiritual Interpretation Defined
A Spiritual Interpretation Defended
• Hosea – God is faithful and we are not.
• Revelation 19:6-8 – We are The Bride of Christ
• Ephesians 5:22-33 – Christ loves us with a sacrificial love.
• 2 Corinthians 11:1-2 – We are being presented as a pure virgin to Christ.
A Spiritual Interpretation Expanded
• Redemption is a love story.
• The ultimate goal of redemption is reconciliation and union with Christ.
• The church is called to be pure in devotion to Christ exclusively.
• The church is to be clothed with righteous deeds.
• God assures us of His love for us.
• God reminds us that we are secure with Him.
• God forgives us and reminds us we are His cherished possession.
• The church learns the language of praise.
True Love is seen most clearly
in God’s love for us in Christ
and our response to Him.
- Monday: Hosea 1:1-2:1
- Tuesday: Hosea 2:2-23
- Wednesday: Hosea 3:1-5
- Thursday: Revelation 19:6-10
- Friday: 1 Corinthians 15
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will rest in the secure love of God by ____________________.
- I will repent/remain faithful in ___________________________.
- I will learn the language of praise.
Home Church Questions
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful.
- How does God’s faithfulness to us make a difference in my love for Him?
- What does unfaithfulness to God look like on a practical level?
- What are common “less glorious lovers” we give ourselves to?
- How many ways can you come up with that are avenues to praise God?
- Ken talked about praise being a response to an enjoyed relationship. What do you enjoy about your relationship with God?
- Ken defined pure praise as, “Making God the subject of your sentences.” Practice that with some pure praise around the room.
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
2016 Easter Offering // Join us as we help change lives in Conway through helping build the new Renewal Ranch Restoration Center and investing in Noe Christian School in the Czech Republic // We’ll collect this special offering on Easter Sunday, March 27.
Crucifixion Dinner // Friday, March 25, 6:30 p.m. // Join us as we participate in Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner // Child care for ages 6 and under – RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net.
April Bible Study // ”I’M CURIOUS…” A Biblical Model for Engaging Relationally // April 3, 10, 17 at 10:45 a.m. // A deeper look into the pattern of Jesus’ interactions with individuals to learn how to positively engage with others right where they are.
Youth Mission Yard Sale // April 2 from 7-1:00 p.m. // FSM will be having a missions yard sale to raise money for both the Mission Arlington & Czech Republic mission trips // Donation of yard sale items are needed and will be accepted from Monday, March 28 – Friday, April 1, during regular office hours and until 8:00 p.m. each night // All money raised at the yard sale will go directly to mission team members // Contact email@example.com for more information.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10, and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // Registration at www.fellowshipconway.org/2016muster.
Fellowship 101 // New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, April 17 (session 1) and April 24 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor) // You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
2016 Tacos4Life MobilePack // April 13-16, 2016, at Fellowship Conway // Public registrations for packing sessions are open at T4LMobilePack.com.
July 1 – March 13, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 03/06/16 21,729
Giving for 03/13/16 18,218
Year to Date Needed 796,795
Year to Date Giving 815,966
Over (Under) Budget 19,171