A Day to Pray and Play
For Teaching Slides, click here.
Introduction: A Brief Theology of Sabbath
• Cease: The Sabbath is a day to end your regular work (23:3a).
• Gather: The Sabbath is day of sacred assembly (23:3b).
• Connect: The Sabbath is a day that belongs to the Lord (23:3c).
Creation: The Sabbath is a day to enjoy your finished work (Genesis 1:1-2:3).
Creator: The Sabbath is a day to enjoy the God you worship (Hebrews 4:1-11).
– Remembering God’s Creative Work (Exodus 20:11).
– Remembering God’s Redemptive Work (Deuteronomy 5:15).
Creative: The Sabbath is God’s gift to you (Mark 2:27-28).
God’s people regularly take time
to play and pray
as they enjoy the creation and the Creator.
- Monday: Genesis 1:1-2:3
- Tuesday: Hebrews 4:1-11
- Wednesday: Exodus 20:8-11
- Thursday: Mark 2:23-28
- Friday: Leviticus 23:4-8
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will purposefully cease my busyness to enjoy God’s finished work of redemption.
- I will purposefully pause my work to enjoy the Creator.
- I will purposefully take time to enjoy what God has allowed me to create.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Automate the Important Fellowship’s mission and ministry is dependent on God’s provision and is primarily accomplished through the faithful giving of the Fellowship family. Would you consider “automating the important” and signing up for recurring giving or Bank Draft EFT to continue faithfully supporting the mission and ministries of Fellowship this summer? You can find more information on how to set up recurring giving and on the bulletin insert or by clicking here.
GO Store’s Summer Garage Sale
- Got stuff? Donations of any items can be dropped off at Fellowship starting June 26 – June 29
- Got time to help? Volunteers are needed Sunday, June 25 at 3pm and Saturday afternoon, July 1, helping a few hours with set up/tear down. They also need help to receive, organize, and price items during drop off week. Contact Erica Cason at email@example.com if you can help.
- Need stuff? Friday, June 30 & Saturday, July 1, come to buy and support a great ministry!
• Stepping Up Small Group Study | This 10-week study starts Tuesday, July 11, 6:30pm and will help teach and challenge men to embrace biblical manhood. Cost for workbook is $15. Sign up at fellowshipconway.org/register or at the Connection Center.
• Men’s Breakfast | Saturday July 8, 8am. Join us as we sharpen and encourage each other over a great breakfast. This is a great chance to come and learn more about Fellowship’s Men’s Ministry, vision, and how you can get plugged in.
The Fellowship App makes it easy to access sermon and teaching resources, sign up for or view upcoming events on the church calendar, or submit a prayer request — all from your fingertips! You can also use the app to find sermon slides and the digital bulletin on Sunday morning, or to access your giving history through your InFellowship account. Download the App by clicking here.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to be praying for and with you! Ask for prayer at anytime on our website by clicking here or through the Fellowship App.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 06/04/17 $28,043
Giving for Week Ending 06/11/17 $28,194
Year to Date Needed $1,151,653
Year to Date Giving $1,215,449
Over (Under) Budget $63,796