Song of Songs A Return to the Garden Security: The Beginning of True Love (1:1-2:7)
The Purity of Passion (1:1-4)
Her Insecurity: “I am not worthy of your attention.” (1:5-7)
His Response: “You are beautiful in my eyes.” (1:8-11)
Her desire: “I value your love.” (1:12-14)
Their Delight: “The language of love draws us together.” (1:15-2:6)
Her Advice: “Waiting for love within marriage is worth the wait.” (2:7)
True love develops a language of praise which off sets natural feelings of insecurity.
- Monday: James 3:7-12
- Tuesday: James 3:13-18
- Wednesday: Proverbs 16:24 (memorize)
- Thursday: Proverbs 17:27
- Friday: Song of Solomon 2:8-3:5
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will have a conversation with my spouse about areas of insecurity and how I can be an encouragement.
- I will tell my spouse, every day this week, a way they are special to me.
- I will praise God this week and allow Him to assure me that I am His beloved child.
Home Church Questions
- Seriously consider if you need to have some important conversations with your spouse about issues raised in the message before you attend Home Church.
- Discuss with your spouse areas where you need to be more encouraged before you go to Home Church.
- Read Song of Solomon 1:1-2:7.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What kind of things are encouraging to you?
- Which “love language” do you speak?
• Words of Encouragement
• Acts of Service
• Physical Touch
• Quality Time
• Giving Gifts
- What makes you feel less secure? (This may not be a safe question in every group.)
- How do you deflect encouragements that come your way? Why do we do this?
- How does God assure us of His love?
- What is the language of praise and worship?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Fellowship Kids Test Drive // Fill out the card in your seat and join us for a test drive in Fellowship Kids // You will be partnered with veteran volunteers for an up close look at how we love and point kids to Jesus // Complete the card and put it in the offering basket if you are interested.
Ash Wednesday Night of Worship // Wednesday, February 10, 6:30 p.m. // Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, a 40 day countdown to Easter // It’s a season in which we remember the tension between resurrection and crucifixion, the juxtaposition of the joy of redemption with its severe cost // Our night of worship will be focused on these themes // Child care provided for 6 years and under.
OCC Year Round // Check out the latest blog post and the 2015 video posted at www.fellowshipconway.org // Shoeboxes and extra wrapping can be used, just drop them by the Connection Center // There will be an interest meeting Monday, February 1, 6-8:00 p.m. for anyone thinking about joining the OCC Team // Contact Dawn with any questions 501-269-0434.
Mens 33 Study Volume 33 // Identify the deep idols of your heart and develop a “Battleplan” built on God’s grace // 6 weeks starting Feb. 9th and 10th // Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. or Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.
Wrap Em Up //The Girlfriends Ministry wants your gently used scarves, hats, gloves, and coats (new items are also accepted) // Bring donated items for men, women, and children to the Connection Center January 31st & February 7th // All donations will be given to the Ministry Center for distribution.
FSM Missions Silent Auction & Dinner // FSM is raising money for GO: Missions and we need your help and involvement // Here is how you can help: join us on Wednesday, February 24, from 6-8:00 p.m. for a silent auction and dinner that supports over 40 of our mission trip team members on the Mission Arlington and Czech Republic teams // Members of each team will be present to serve and show how you can be a part of what God is doing through FSM Missions.
July 1 – January 24, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 01/17/16 22,830
Giving for 01/24/16 22,027
Year to Date Needed 645,926
Year to Date Giving 675,689
Over (Under) Budget 29,763