The Royal Wedding Psalm 45
Introduction: Best advice from the web
Call to Wives: Prioritize your husband
• Break ties and loyalty to former relationships
• Always put your husband above any other earthly relationship
Road map of how: Honor and Respect
Call to Church: Prioritize Christ above all.
• Hebrews 1:8-9
• Revelations 21:1-4
Call to Husbands: Relentlessly fight for a cause greater than yourself, your marriage.
• Ride out for truth, meekness, and righteousness
Road map of how: You are blessed. Be a blessing to your wife.
A marriage where the husband fights for his marriage
and is prioritized by his wife,
will leave a legacy of faith.
- Monday: Proverbs 20:6-7
- Tuesday: Hebrews 13:4-7
- Wednesday: Ephesians 4:1-6
- Thursday: Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
- Friday: Colossians 3:12-19
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- Plan a date night with your spouse and talk through what change the Holy Spirit may be calling you to.
- Pray for your spouse to be all God desires them to be.
- If you have been married for a good number of years, take a younger couple out for dinner and share some wisdom the Lord has given you.
Home Church Questions
- Read Psalm 45.
- What is the best marriage advice you have ever received?
- What passages are encouraging to you when your marriage is struggling?
- What stood out to you most from this week’s message?
- Wives, what makes prioritizing your husband difficult?
- What does it mean to honor and respect your husband in everyday life? Is this difficult?
- Husbands, what makes it difficult to relentlessly fight for a cause bigger than yourself?
- What does riding out for truth, meekness, and righteousness look like day to day?
- How does the Lord want to use this passage to strengthen your marriage?
- Spend some time praying for marriages (they are under attack!).
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer your questions.
Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University // Attend the first class FREE January 11 // 9 – week course beginning Monday, January 11, 6:30 p.m. // Would you like to get your finances in order for 2016? // Visit FellowshipConway.org/FPU to sign up or for more information // Child care available.
Fellowship Men’s Breakfast // Saturday, Jan. 16, 8:00 a.m. // Join the men of Fellowship as we eat, fellowship, and get equipped.
Guest Reception // Join us for lunch at our Guest Reception after 2nd service on Sunday, January 17 // We’d love to get to know you and let you get to know Fellowship.
The Call // Foster and adoption information meeting Monday, January 18, 6:30 p.m. here at Fellowship // If you have felt that maybe God is calling you to adoption or fostering a child and would like more information, please join us // Child care is provided.
Fellowship 101 // New to Fellowship? // Join us Sunday, January 24 (session 1) and January 31 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor) // You will learn about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading at Fellowship.
Downline Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Summit // February 5-6 in Memphis // More information and sign up at FellowshipConway.org/DL-Summit.
Coming Soon… Song of Songs Sermon Series // Beginning January 24, we will be launching into the study of the Song of Solomon // This often neglected Old Testament book of wisdom has much to teach us about love, sex, marriage and worship.
Fellowship Kids has Space at 10:45 Am Fellowship Kids offers the same worship experience for children birth – 4th grade in both of our Sunday morning worship services. 9:00 a.m. averages 125 children each Sunday morning & 10:45 a.m. averages 42 children. If you normally attend the 9:00 a.m. service would you consider coming to the 10:45 AM service?
July 1 – January 3, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 12/27/15 13,526
Giving for 01/03/16 36,273
Year to Date Needed 581,195
Year to Date Giving 595,890
Over (Under) Budget 14,695