A Testimony of Grace
You are Your Own Best Argument
For Teaching Slides, click Here.
Paul’s Past (and Mine): In Need of Grace (1:13-14)
• Persecution: Seeking to destroy the work of God (1:13)
• Performance: Working hard to make it without grace (1:14)
Paul’s Conversion (and Mine): The Work of Grace (1:15-16a)
• Election: Set apart before birth (1:15a)
• Calling: Offered the grace of God (1:15b)
• Revelation: The message made clear (1:16a)
Paul’s Training (and Mine): The Ministry of Grace (1:16b-24)
• Independence: No consultation with men (1:16b)
• Absence: No visits to Jerusalem (1:17)
• First Contact: A brief visit with Peter and James (1:18-19)
• Alibi: Ministry outside of Judea (1:20-22)
• Grace Again: Terrorist turned preacher (1:23-24)
My Personal Testimony
In Need of Grace The Work of Grace The Ministry of
The Gospel Truth:
The simple grace of God
calls us back into relationship with Him,
so that our lives can be transformed
and become useful for His story.
- Monday: Acts 7:54 – 8:3
- Tuesday: Acts 9:1 – 9
- Wednesday: Acts 9:10 – 19
- Thursday: Acts 9:20 – 31
- Friday: Galatians 2:1 – 10
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will practice my testimony with someone I trust.
- I will pray that God will provide boldness, clarity, and an opportunity to share my testimony.
Home Church Questions
- Read Galatians 1:13-24.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- Simple: Practice your testimony within the group.
- Make sure each person covers:
- The Need: We are sinners.
- The Grace of God: God’s plan eliminates my performance.
- The Provision of Christ: Jesus died in our place.
- The Response of Faith: I trusted in the work of Christ.
- Your Life Since Conversion: I am not perfect, but I have a purpose.
Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn about our values, why we do things the way we do, and get answers to any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask!). Click Here to sign up. Contact Eric Barnes for questions or more information.
Come here the vision and heart of the Generations campaign through one of several small group gatherings, where you will have an opportunity to ask any questions and learn more about where we believe the Lord is leading Fellowship in building for a future of faith. Click here to sign up for a church-wide vision gathering. All dates are 6:30-8PM, here at Fellowship. Childcare and dessert provided.
• Sept. 11 • Sept. 14 • Sept. 18
• Sept. 12 • Sept. 15
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
College and Young Adults NEXT: the college & young adults ministry at Fellowship offers students and young adults the opportunity to engage in authentic community with others at Fellowship. NEXT meets for a meal, fellowship, and Bible Study, Tuesdays, 6:30-8:30pm, at the Benton’s (3440 Cutter Ridge Rd). Contact Zach Benton for questions or more information.
Father/Son Fall Campout Dads, mark your calendars for our Father/Son Campout coming up, September 22–23. This is a great opportunity to engage with your son in an intentional setting, teach life skills, have some fun, and draw closer to the Lord together. Cost is $5 per person.Click Here to sign up (deadline to register is September 17). Contact Andy Chouinard for more information.
OCC Packing Party We are just weeks away from our Operation Christmas Child packing party coming up Monday, September 25, 6-9pm, here at Fellowship. We will need as many hands as possible to help pack 2,400 boxes which will go around the world with the message of the gospel! Childcare provided for kids 5 and under. Please come join us for this exciting, fun, kingdom work!
Girlfriends Ministry Fall Events Our Girlfriends ministry has several opportunities this fall designed to help you grow in your walk with the Lord, and connect with other Fellowship women. Visit the Connection Center or click below for more info and to sign up.
• Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough: Tuesdays, Sept 12 – Oct 31, 6:30- 8pm. Child care provided. Registration ends today. | Click Here to sign up.
• Precept Study: Acts 1, Part 1: Tuesdays, Sept 26 – Nov 14, 6:30 – 8pm. Child care provided. Registration ends today. | Click Here to sign up.
• Fall Retreat (Theme: Fully Alive): Friday, Oct 13 – Sunday, Oct 15, (Little Rock 4H Center) | Click Here to sign up.
IFO Conversation Club Fellowship has an opportunity to provide a meal for the IFO Conversation Club on Thursday, September 21. If you are able to provide a main, side, fruit or dessert, please bring it to the 2nd Baptist Student Center by 5:45 p.m. Contact Miseon for questions or more information.
Fall Pumpkin Patch Parents, mark your calendars for Saturday, October 21, 10:45 a.m., when we’ll meet at Shaefer’s Pumpkin Patch for a time of hanging out and picking pumpkins as a Fellowship family. Contact Heather McKinney for questions or more information.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to be praying for and with you! You can use the Connection Card to submit a prayer request on Sunday morning, or ask for prayer at anytime through the Fellowship App or clicking Here.
Click Here to give a gift.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 08/27/17 $29,121
Giving for Week Ending 09/03/17 $23,346
Year to Date Needed $233,260
Year to Date Giving $244,853
Over (Under) Budget $11,593