The Tabernacle and Blasphemy
Safeguarding the Sacred
Narrative Insertion # 2: “A Second Reminder about the Holiness of God”
Safeguarding Sacred Objects (Leviticus 24:1-9)
• Regular Access to God: The way of approaching God through prayer and service is constantly illuminated (24:1-4).
• Sufficient Provision from God: The provision of God is always sufficient for His people to fellowship with Him (24:5-9).
• Fulfillment in Christ: Jesus is the Light of the World (John 1:1-9; 8:12; 9:1-5).
• Fulfillment in Christ: Jesus is the Bread of Life (John 6:25-59).
• Jesus is the Bread of Life for Jews (Matthew 14:13-21).
• Jesus is the Bread of Life for Gentile (Matthew 15:29-39).
Safeguarding The Sacred Name (Leviticus 24:10-23)
• Intolerance: God’s people must not tolerate blasphemy (24:10-12).
• Consequences: God’s justice demands that blasphemers be put to death (24:13-23).
• Fulfillment in Christ: Jesus was falsely accused of blasphemy (Matthew 26:65-66).
• Fulfillment in Christ: Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven (Mark 3:20-30).
God’s people who have constant access to Him
and abundant provision from Him
must speak and live as His representatives in the world
because God’s reputation is at stake.
- Monday: John 1:1-9
- Tuesday: John 6:25-40
- Wednesday: John 6:41-59
- Thursday: Mark 3:20-30
- Friday: Leviticus 25:1-55
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will take advantage of my constant access for prayer and service.
- I will live as if God’s reputation depends on it.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today! Inside the bulletin, you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Family Sunday Next week Family Sunday offers us the chance to come together to worship, pray, and receive communion as believers of all ages. Kindergarten – 12th grade will worship with their families. Nursery through Preschool will attend their regular classes. Contact Heather Fulmer or Heather McKinney for any questions.
OCC Christmas in July It’s happening NOW. We need you to use your voice, to answer the call and to go into our local community to share about Operation Christmas Child. We need you to tell our area how, when, and why we pack shoeboxes. We need you onboard; we need your help. Please stop by the table in the Atrium Sunday to pick up all of the info you need or to have any of your questions answered. Are you IN?
FSM Kickoff Fellowship Student Ministries kicks off MidWeek on Wednesday, August 16, 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Venue. MidWeek is a gathering for 5th-12th grade students that begins with an opening time of worship and fellowship, followed by students connecting to each other in an age/grade small group. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood at email@example.com.
MOPS Ministry Launch MOPS exists to connect and encourage mothers of preschool-age children through small groups and other activities, as well as offer a place to explore the practical, emotional, and spiritual sides of mothering young children. MOPS meets here at Fellowship every other Monday morning and will kick off for the fall on September 11. You can also join us August 28 for a Meet and Greet /Playdate here at Fellowship. For questions or more information contact Heather Fulmer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out, or have been visiting for a while, join us Sunday, Sept. 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn more about what we value as a church, why we do things the way we do, as well as ask any questions you have about Fellowship (but haven’t been sure who to ask). Sign up at fellowshipconway.org/register or contact Eric Barnes for more information.
Stay Connected with all that God is Doing at Fellowship August is just around the corner, which means lots of opportunities for you and your family to get equipped and connected through our various ministries. If you’re not receiving the weekly Fellowship eNews email with upcoming events and information for FBC, please fill out or update your contact information using the Connection Card in your bulletin. God has a big agenda for Fellowship this fall and we want to make sure you know about it!
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 07/16/17 $19,999
Giving for Week Ending 07/23/17 $17,956
Year to Date Needed $84,822
Year to Date Giving $92,398
Over (Under) Budget $ 7,576