Song of Solomon A Return to the Garden
Anticipation: The Growth of True Love (2:8-3:5)
Her Excitement: She is elated to see her lover coming in the spring (2:8-13)
His Enthusiasm: He is anxious to see her face and hear her voice. (2:14-15)
“the little foxes”– __________________________________________
Her Devotion: She is devoted to him and longs to be with him (2:16-17)
Her Longing: She patiently searches for him and embraces him in loving anticipation (3:1-4)
Her Advice: “Waiting for love within marriage is worth the wait.” (3:5)
True love deeply longs for the other, patiently waiting
and cherishing the times of connection.
- Monday: Proverbs 5:15-20
- Tuesday: Proverbs 15:17;17:1
- Wednesday: Proverbs 18:22 (memorize)
- Thursday: Psalm 23
- Friday: Song of Solomon 3:6-5:1
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will spend quality time (one on one, face to face, listening) with my spouse this week.
- I will spend quality time (one on one, listening) with the Lord this week.
Home Church Questions
- Seriously consider if you need to have some important conversations with your spouse about issues raised in the message before you attend Home Church.
- Read Song of Solomon 2:8-3:5.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- What is your version of quality time?
- What is the difference between quality time and quantity time? Do both matter?
- Describe your ideal Sunday afternoon together.
- Describe your ideal vacation together.
- What challenges do you face in getting time together?
- What makes time with the Lord most satisfying to you?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today //
Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship Kids Test Drive // Fill out the card in your seat and join us for a test drive in Fellowship Kids // You will be partnered with veteran volunteers for an up close look at how we love and point kids to Jesus // Complete the card and put it in the offering basket if you are interested.
Wrap Em Up //The Girlfriends Ministry wants your gently used scarves, hats, gloves, and coats (new items are also accepted) // Bring donated items for men, women, and children to the Connection Center TODAY // All donations will be given to the Ministry Center for distribution.
Ash Wednesday Night of Worship // Wednesday, February 10, 6:30 p.m. // Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of Lent, a 40 day countdown to Easter // It’s a season in which we remember the tension between resurrection and crucifixion, the juxtaposition of the joy of redemption with its severe cost // Our night of worship will be focused on these themes // Child care provided for 6 years and under.
Mens 33 Study Volume 33 // Identify the deep idols of your heart and develop a “Battleplan” built on God’s grace // 6 weeks starting Feb. 9th and 10th // Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. or Wednesday at 5:30 a.m.
FSM Missions Silent Auction & Dinner // FSM is raising money for GO: Missions and we need your help and involvement // Here is how you can help: join us on Wednesday, February 24, from 6-8:00 p.m. for a silent auction and dinner that supports over 40 of our mission trip team members on the Mission Arlington and Czech Republic teams // Members of each team will be present to serve and show how you can be a part of what God is doing through FSM Missions.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10, and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // Registration will open soon.
July 1 – January 31, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 01/24/16 22,027
Giving for 01/31/16 23,024
Year to Date Needed 667,503
Year to Date Giving 698,713
Over (Under) Budget 31,210