Leviticus: Windows into the Heart of God
Leviticus in the Context of the Torah
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here
Genesis: The Origins of the Theocracy
• Creator (1-11)
• Covenant (12-36)
• Character (37-50)
Exodus: The Distinctions of the Theocracy
• Deliverance (1-19)
• Instruction (20-24)
• Presence (25-40)
Leviticus: The Holiness of the Theocracy
• Sacrifice (1-10)
• Purity (11-16)
• Holiness (17-27)
Theological Themes in Leviticus
YHWH: The Holy God of Israel
The Faithful: A Kingdom of Priests
The Law: The Revelation of the Holy God
Christ: The Fulfillment and Full Revelation of the Heart of God
The Lord’s holy people
are graciously invited to live holy lives
in His presence.
- Monday: Psalm 8
- Tuesday: Exodus 40:1-16
- Wednesday: Exodus 40:17-33
- Thursday: Exodus 40:34-38
- Friday: Leviticus 1:1-17
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will commit myself to read the Book of Leviticus and follow the Growth Guide throughout our series on Leviticus.
- I will pray that God will allow me to see deep theology and beautiful messages of grace as we study Leviticus.
- I will come expectantly each Sunday desiring to see into the heart of God through a new window.
Home Church Questions
- Read Exodus 40:1-38.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How many of us have done a study of Leviticus, or has heard someone preach/teach through the entire book?
- What do we fear as we start a chapter by chapter study of Leviticus? What good expectations do you have? Was the message today helpful to create interest? How?
- Do you like mysteries in either novels or movies? What makes a good mystery? Talk about some of your favorites. What are some common characteristics?
- Ken mentioned that the book of Leviticus was written with the fulfillment of Christ already in God’s mind. Does that make sense? How does that work for God, who knew exactly what would happen?
- Review the setting of Leviticus in the context of the Torah (Pentateuch). Does this help understand how Leviticus can be relevant to us?
- Leviticus was written to a community of believers. It was in some sense a “manual of sanctification”. How can this function as a guide for our own sanctification?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Fellowship 101 New to Fellowship? Join us Sunday, February 12 (session 1) and February 19 (session 2) 9:00 a.m. in the Library (located on the second floor). You will learn more about our ministries, priorities, and how the Lord is leading Fellowship. Register at fellowshipconway.org/register/
Souper Bowl sunday Today is “Souper Bowl Sunday”! If you weren’t able to bring your “Meaty” soups today, you can deliver them personally to Bethlehem House.
Discover How You Were Shaped to Serve Take the next step in finding a fulfilling place to serve using your God-given talents, skills, abilities, and experiences. Go to http://tinyurl.com/hfdfxgb to take the SHAPE profile & assessment, which will help you explore your unique SHAPE, and give you some practical insight into how you can get started serving in a current ministry area. You can also find a list of all our current service opportunities and ministries on InFellowship. Find an opportunity, sign up or contact the leader, then get started using your SHAPE!
One Cry Tuesday, February 7, 6:00 a.m. Several churches from Conway will join together at Mosaic Church (in the Ministry Center) to pray for God to move in our city. We encourage everyone that can attend to join us and pray with the Family.
Girlfriends Gatherings are Back! Gatherings will be Thursday evenings, 6:30-8:30 p.m. starting February 9, 2950 Franklin Circle (home of Lisa Winbourne). Cathy Lee will share on her mission trip to Nagaland, India. For more information contact Char Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Men’s 33 (Vol 6) Study Beginning next week February 7 and 8 (Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. or Wednesday mornings at 5:30 a.m.), the men will dive into a 6-week study of “A Man and His Fatherhood.” Register at fellowshipconway.org/register.
FSM GO: Missions silent auction Be a part of what God is doing in FSM Wednesday, February 22, 6:00-8:00 p.m. here at Fellowship as over 40 FSM students and other team members will take part in raising funds for their mission trips to Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic. The Auction will feature various items that will go directly to cover mission trip costs. For more information, contact Alan Greenwood email@example.com
Men’s Muster Men, mark your calendar April 7-9 for our annual men’s weekend at Shepherd of the Ozarks.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 01/2217 25,957
Giving for Week Ending 01/29/17 32,285
Year to Date Needed 714,025
Year to Date Giving 761,041
Over (Under) Budget 47,016