Song of Solomon
The Consummation of True Love (4:16-5:1)
Her Invitation: She invites him to consummate their marriage (4:16).
His Response: He is delighted to consummate their marriage (5:1a).
God’s Rejoicing: God is delighted for committed couples to consummate their love (5:1b).
delights in the full blessings of marriage
as a gift from God.
- Monday: Hebrews 13:4 (memorize)
- Tuesday: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
- Wednesday: 1 Corinthians 7:1-5
- Thursday: 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- Friday: Song of Solomon 5:2-6:3
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will commit myself to be sexually pure in every way until I am married.
- I will commit myself to be sexually pure in every way within my marriage.
- I will commit myself to be faithful to God and not pursue “less glorious lovers.”
Home Church Questions
- Seriously consider if you need to have some important conversations with your spouse about issues raised in the message before you attend Home Church.
- Read Song of Solomon 4:16-5:1.
- Discuss the message. Is there anything that stood out as important, new, challenging, or helpful?
- Where have you seen God’s redemption in your life; an area that was all a mess that He has repaired or restored (a struggle, a relationship, a dream)?
- Why can we have so much confidence that God loves to redeem?
- How do we deal with the consequences of sin in the midst of God’s desire to redeem?
- Are the consequences of sin ever a “severe mercy” from God?
- Do we really believe that God wants us to experience joy and fulfillment at the deepest level? Why is this hard to believe in a fallen world?
- John 10:10 tells us that Christ came that we might have life in the fullest measure. What does that mean?
- What is a practical next step I can take to move my entire marriage toward being more deeply satisfying? What should I do? What would my spouse like?
New to Fellowship? // We’re so glad you’re here today // Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card // Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium // We will give you a welcome gift and answer any questions about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
FSM Missions Silent Auction & Dinner // FSM is raising money for GO: Missions, and we need your help and involvement // Here is how you can help: join us on Wednesday, February 24, from 6-8:00 p.m. for a silent auction and dinner that supports over 40 of our mission trip team members on the Mission Arlington and Czech Republic teams.
Men’s Muster // Men, mark your calendars for April 8-10, and join us at the Men’s Muster // Shepherd of the Ozarks will be the setting to relax, recharge, play, fellowship, be challenged, and meet with God // Registration opens SUNDAY, online at www.fellowshipconway.org/2016muster.
Girlfriends Ministry Opportunity // If you would like to serve on the women’s conference committee (coming up in October), contact Lesta, email@example.com.
Spring Work Day // March 19, 8-1:00 p.m. lunch provided // Serve alongside your “Fellowship Family” to prepare the campus for everyone who will walk through our doors Easter morning // There are jobs for everyone, every age // Email Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
Girlfriends Bible Study //”I’M CURIOUS…” A Biblical Model for Engaging Relationally, April 4-25, 10:45 a.m. // A deeper look into the pattern of Jesus’ interactions with individuals to learn how to positively engage with others right where they are.
Men’s Saturday Breakfast // Saturday, March 5, 8:00 a.m. // Join the men of Fellowship as we eat, fellowship, and get equipped.
Costa Rica Mission Trip Informational Meeting // There will be an informational meeting regarding a mission trip to Costa Rica // The team will be sharing the love of God with the Guarari slum near the city of San Jose in early August // Join us Sunday, February 28, 10:20 a.m. in room 210 for more information // Email Loi Booher at email@example.com if you are interested but cannot attend the meeting.
July 1 – February 14, 2016
Weekly Budget Needs $21,577
Giving for 02/07/16 16,897
Giving for 02/14/16 19,509
Year to Date Needed 710,657
Year to Date Giving 735,120
Over (Under) Budget 24,463