The Theology of Christmas
• Fellowship Ephesus and Fellowship Conway
• The Purpose of John – John 20:30-31
• The Prologue of John – John 1:1-18
• The Key Word – “word”
• “logos” – logical communication, message, revelation
• “dabar” – word, event, message, revelation
The Identity of the Word (1:1-2)
• The Word is an eternal Word – the message does not change.
• The Word is in close association with God – the Godhead works together.
• The Word is fully God – Jesus is deity.
• The Word was always deity – Jesus is a person.
The Creative Work of the Word (1:3)
• The Word is the agent of creation – Jesus is the creator.
• The Word is the comprehensive Creator – Jesus is sovereign over everything.
The Redemptive Work of the Word (1:4-5)
• The Word is the source of life – Jesus brings life to those who are dead in sin.
• The Word is the source of light – Jesus brings light to those who walk in darkness.
• The Word is greater than the darkness – Jesus surpasses all opposition.
The Theological Message of Christmas:
The Divine Creator
entered His own creation
to bring life and light
to all people.
- Monday: John 20:30-31
- Tuesday: John 1:1-5
- Wednesday: John 1:6-8
- Thursday: John 1:9-13
- Friday: John 1:14-18
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will embrace the light of the Word and find life this Christmas season.
- I will declare the light of the Word and share the life this Christmas season.
Home Church Questions
- Home Church is on break until the week of January 8.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Christmas Eve Candlelight Services Saturday, December 24, 5:00 and 7:00 p.m. All ages will gather together to celebrate the coming of Christ. Feel free to bring all the kids in pajamas. Child care will not be available.
Christmas Day Join us as we gather together as one family and celebrate the birth of our Savior. 10:45 a.m. service only. Fellowship Kids (Nursery through 4th grade) and FSM (5th-12th) will join the main service for worship.
Fellowship Christmas Offering We will be taking our annual Christmas Offering at the end of the service today. You can use the envelope on your seat and place the offering in buckets by the doors as you leave. You can also give through the Fellowship app and online. Thank you for giving through the Fellowship Christmas Offering. We believe God will use it greatly.
Fellowship Angel Tree Fellowship Angel Tree – Today is the day to bring back your Angel Tree gifts. Through your generosity, ministries all over Faulkner County will be blessing families in their ministry with gifts. Thank you for being part and special thanks to the Girlfriend’s Ministry for spearheading the efforts!
End of the Year Giving Just a reminder, for your year-end gift to be a part of the 2016 giving, it will need to be received in the office or postmarked by December 31. The Fellowship office will be open December 30 until 2:00 p.m. You can also give through the Fellowship app or online until 11:59 p.m., December 31.
Gerdes Family Thank you Thank you so much for your prayers, love, care, and generosity you have showered our family with as we lost our home to a fire. We are doing better day-by-day. We are so thankful for you, our amazing Fellowship Family!
FSM GO: Missions Fellowship Student Ministries will have two mission trip opportunities this summer – Mission Arlington and the Czech Republic. Mission Arlington (TX) is a regional mission trip for all FSM students June 3-9, 2017. GO: Czech is an international mission trip reserved for students who are mature and ready for the demands of a 16-day trip. GO: Czech will be from June 26 – July 11, 2017. Deadline to register and apply for both trips is January 1. For more information, visit fellowshipconway.org/fsmgomissions or contact Alan Greenwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 12/04/16 16,712
Giving for Week Ending 12/11/16 27,529
Year to Date Needed 552,793
Year to Date Giving 559,586
Over (Under) Budget 5,793