Vows and Gifts
The Grace of God in the Law
For Sermon Slides, click Here.
Service: When God’s people promise their service to Him they must be faithful to that vow (Leviticus 27:1-8).
• Principle: God’s people must fulfill their vows.
• Particulars: God graciously allows appropriate substitutes.
Possessions: When God’s people promise their possessions to Him they must be faithful to that vow (Leviticus 27:9-25).
• Principle: Possessions may be redeemed.
• Particulars: God graciously allows personal possessions and personal property to be redeemed.
Ownership: You cannot dedicate something to God if He already owned it (Leviticus 27:26-34).
• Principle: God’s people cannot make vows regarding things that already belong to Him.
• Particulars: God already owned the firstborn, things already devoted to Him, and the tithes.
Because God is faithful,
His people must be faithful to their promises
and careful with their vows.
- Monday: Galatians 1-2
- Tuesday: Galatians 3
- Wednesday: Galatians 4
- Thursday: Galatians 5
- Friday: Galatians 6
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will make things right regarding my promise to ________________________________________.
- I will give God His __________________ because it belongs to Him.
Home Church Questions
- What are some truths from the overall series in Leviticus that you learned for the first time?
- What is one thing that you learned from Leviticus that challenged you to live differently?
- How familiar are you with Galatians? What is your favorite Galatians verse? How are you hoping it will challenge you spiritually?
- What challenges are you facing this Fall? How can we walk with you through it?
As we prepare to transition from summer to fall, now is a great time to explore how you can get involved with and use your God-given SHAPE (talents, personality, and passions) to serve and bless others here at Fellowship and throughout our community. Want to serve but not sure where or what to do? The SHAPE Assessment is a great resource to help you identify how you can use your gifts, passions, and unique personality to serve and bless others in ministry. Click here or stop by the Connection Center for more information.
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift, as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship. You can also send us a message at any time by clicking Here. One of our staff would love to connect with you to help with any questions you have.
Home Church Don’t miss out on the opportunity to connect relationally with God and each other through prayer, study, serving, and sharing life together by being involved in a Home Church, Fellowship’s small group ministry. Our desire is for everyone who calls Fellowship home to be connected through a Home Church. Stop by the Connection Center or click Here for more info on available groups to connect with.
Fellowship 101 Whether you’re just checking us out or have been visiting Fellowship for a while, we hope you’ll join us Sunday, September 17, at 9am for Fellowship 101. This is a great way to explore Fellowship, learn about our values, why we do things the way we do, and get answers to any questions you might have (but haven’t been sure who to ask!). Sign up Here or at the Connection Center. Contact Eric Barnes for questions or more information.
FSM Unite Each year, Conway area student ministries unite for a night of worship to kick off the new school year. This year, UNITE will be at Conway High School at John McConnell Stadium on Wednesday, August 23 from 6-8 pm. Come join FSM and be a part of the city-wide kickoff event as we seek what God wants to do on our school campuses this year.
College Students Return This Month College students are returning to Conway throughout the month and we’re excited about the life and energy that this generation brings! As you interact with students, please encourage them to be involved with our College & Young Adult ministry. If you know a student wanting to connect with a church home, you can also direct them to Zach Benton at
Girlfriends Fall Studies Two studies this fall offering a great opportunity to gather with other Fellowship women to grow in your walk with God and in relationship with others. Childcare is provided. Sign up online or visit the Connection Center for more information.
- Becoming a Woman Whose God is Enough | Sept 12 – Oct 31 | Facilitated by Samantha Barnes and Nicole Nabholz | Click Here to sign up
- Precept Study: Acts, Part 1 | Sept 26 – Nov 14 | Facilitated by Mindy Chouinard | Click Here to sign up
Father/Son Fall Campout Dads, mark your calendars for our upcoming Father/Son Campout, September 22–23. This is a great opportunity to engage with your son in an intentional setting, teach life skills, have some fun, and draw closer to the Lord together. Cost is $5 per person. Sign up here. Contact Andy Chouinard for questions or more information.
Submit a Prayer Request Our staff, elders, and prayer teams would love to be praying for and with you! You can use the Connection Card to submit a prayer request on Sunday morning, or ask for prayer at anytime through the Fellowship App or clicking here.
Weekly Budget Needs $24,808
Giving for Week Ending 08/06/17 $30,397
Giving for Week Ending 08/13/17 $15,843
Year to Date Needed $155,507
Year to Date Giving $160,914
Over (Under)Budget $5,407