Daniel: Total Trust Through Turbulent Times
• History of Israel
• History of the Ancient Near East
• Dreams (1-6) and Visions (7-12)
• Hebrew (1) • Aramaic (2-7) • Hebrew (8-12)
• Prophecies of the First Coming
• Prophecies of the Second Coming
• Dramatic Imagery
• End Time Focus
• A Major Prophet
• In The Writings (Kethubim)
• God controls nations.
• God’s plans cannot be stopped.
• God’s people can trust Him completely.
Thriving in Babylon:
• God is sovereign.
• God’s plan is certain.
• I will remain faithful and be a part of His plan.
- Monday: Daniel 1-2
- Tuesday: Daniel 3-4
- Wednesday: Daniel 5-6
- Thursday: Daniel 7-8
- Friday: Daniel 9
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will rest in the sovereign plan and purpose of God.
- I will pray fervently for God’s plan to come to fruition.
- I will commit to thriving in Babylon.
Home Church Questions
- Read Daniel 1.
- What do you already know, like, or dislike about the book of Daniel?
- Is there anything that was new, memorable or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- How do you really feel about our nation?
- How is our national situation like Israel’s?
- How is our situation like Daniel’s?
- Why might Daniel 7 be highlighted in the book?
- What are your expectations from this sermon series?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Support a Pastor in Nicargaua Stop, Donate, Pray! 200 pastors are expected to attend the Bible Institute in Puerto Cabezas and you can be a part. Stop by the display in the atrium, select a picture, donate $25 (covers one pastor’s meals and transportation for the week), keep the picture on your fridge as a reminder to pray as they are equipped and released to make disciples in their churches and homes. This is a great way to have “mission fingerprints”.
OCC Special FBC Packing Party We are just weeks away from our special Operation Christmas Child packing party. The pack will be on Monday, September 26th, 6-9:00 p.m. We will need as many hands as possible to pack 2,400 boxes! Please join us for this exciting, fun, kingdom work! Child care provided for children 6 years and younger.
Fellowship College and Young Adults Sundays, 6:30 p.m. If you are 18-25, join us here at Fellowship as we get together for Bible study and fellowship. For more information stop by the Connection Center and meet Zach Benton (College and Young Adults Pastor).
Men’s Ministry Last week to sign up for the Father/Son Camp Out. “A Man and His Marriage”, the men’s 6-week study begins this week. For more information, or to sign up for either event, stop by the Connection Center.
Girlfriends Ministry Girlfriends Bible studies begin this week. For more information, or to sign up for the studies and the Women of Faith Video Conference, stop by the Connection Center.
IFO Conversation Club Fellowship has the opportunity to provide meals for the Conversation Club, Thursday, September 15. If you are able to provide a main, side, or dessert please bring it to Second Baptist Church by 5:45 p.m. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship Kids Open House Have you ever wondered what your kids are doing while you are in church? Take an opportunity on September 25 to shadow your child and see how they are learning God’s Word. Go to the Connection Center to sign up today.
FSM at the Park FSM will meet Sunday at Laurel Park. Middle School will meet from 2-3:30 p.m. and High School from 3:30-5:00 p.m. to hang out, play games, and relax on Enos.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 08/28/16 21,300
Giving for Week Ending 09/04/16 19,267
Year to Date Needed 230,331
Year to Date Giving 198,567
Over (Under) Budget (31,764)