The Beginning of Ministry
A Lesson on Worship
For This Week’s Teaching Slides, click here.
Introduction: A Lesson on Coming to Church
God’s people anticipate meeting with Him and seeing His glory (9:1-6).
God’s people approach Him to worship on the basis of the blood of atonement (9:7-21).
God’s people have access to His presence through the intercession of their High Priest (9:22-23a).
God’s people find confidence for their faith in the evidence of His presence (9:23b-24).
Christ is the High Priest of a new and better covenant which leads to better worship and better service (Hebrews 9:11-15).
External Manifestations (Leviticus)
Internal Presence (John 13-17)
Eternal Reality (Revelation)
is based on sacrificial atonement
and engages the presence of God.
- Monday: Philippians 2:1-11
- Tuesday: Revelation 1:1-17
- Wednesday: Acts 2:1-11
- Thursday: Romans 8:26-39
- Friday: Leviticus 10:1-20
Next Steps from Today’s Message
- I will adjust my anticipation of coming to church and do my part to meet with God.
- I will pray for someone this week.
- I will join the Fellowship Prayer Team.
Home Church Questions
- Read Leviticus 8:1-36.
- Is there anything that was new, memorable, or meaningful from this week’s message?
- Is there an immediate application you know you need to make?
- What are you anticipating when you come to church? What will be good? What is a burden? What are your fears?
- Do you ever have a sense of enjoying the presence of God? What is that like?
- The presence of God is no longer visible in a cloud or flame. Why? Is that good or bad?
- Read John 16:7. How does this impact your understanding of the visible presence of God?
- Talk about a time when you know people have been praying for you. How did that bless you?
- Have you ever prayed for someone and knew it was a blessing to them? How does that work?
- When fire came out from the presence of the Lord the people “shouted for joy and fell down”. Why? How do you think you would have responded?
New to Fellowship? We’re so glad you’re here today. Inside the bulletin you will find a Connection Card. Please fill it out and bring it to the Connection Center in the atrium where you will receive a welcome gift as well as answers to any questions you may have about the different ministries here at Fellowship.
Spring Work Week Come serve alongside your Fellowship family next Thursday, April 6th – Saturday, April 8th as we prepare our campus inside and out to make a great first impression this spring. Whether you have a talent in the flower bed or you are just willing to lend a hand in helping organize and freshen up our facility, we’d love to have your help! Contact: Tara Brown at email@example.com for more information or to sign up for a time slot.
Good Friday Crucifixion Dinner Join us Friday, April 14th, at 6:30 p.m. as we participate in Good Friday through the Crucifixion Dinner and remember together what Christ did on the Cross. Childcare will be provided for 6 years and under (RSVP to Shann@conwaycorp.net for childcare requests).
Easter Offering This year, through the Easter Offering, we want to invest in sharing the Great Story, that is the Gospel of Christ, through the ministry of Operation Christmas Child. This offering will fund our fall packing party. We will have a chance to give to the Easter Offering at the end of our worship service on Easter Sunday (April 16th). You can also give in advance by clicking here.
FSM Senior Sunday We would like to honor our graduating HS seniors with a special recognition and a ceremony on Sunday, May 7th. If you have a senior graduating high school this year, please e-mail up to five photos of your student to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 23rd so that we can make sure to include them in our Senior Sunday presentation.
Fellowship Kids-Journey to the Cross Fellowship Kids’ Journey to the Cross brings the mission and resurrection of Jesus to life through engaging storytelling and interaction. Your kids don’t want to miss this exciting experience during both our Kid’s services on Sunday, April 9th and Sunday, April 16th. Get Involved: If storytelling and serving our kids is part of your unique SHAPE to serve and bless others, we would love to have your help with leading our children through this Journey experience. Contact: Heather McKinney at email@example.com if you would like serve as a “journey leader” on either Sunday.
ievers next Tuesday, April 4th, at 6 a.m., as churches from around Conway unite to pray for the the Lord to move in our community and around the world. Gathering will be held at New Generation Church, 1098 Holiday Drive.
Weekly Budget Needs $23,033
Giving for Week Ending 03/19/17 25,565
Giving for Week Ending 03/26/17 24,071
Year to Date Needed 898,289
Year to Date Giving 958,721
Over (Under) Budget 60,432